Saturday 10 December 2016

Greggs Mince Pies

Greggs: 6 Mince Pies

Great to see/hear this blog is getting so much attention. Had lots of recommendations for pies to review, which I will get round to! SO far 40 pies had been scoffed this month! 

ALSO be on the look out for some guest reviews on this blog from fellow pie aficionados! 


Now back to the pies... Some of you may know that I am a big fan of a Gregg's Festive Bake, so whilst waiting in line at my local branch for my festive fix, I couldn't help but notice the Point of Sale stand next to the till FULL of Mince Pies. Has christmas come early? I couldn't possibly resist picking up a packet! 




Vendor: Greggs
Price: £1.50
Pack size: 6

First impression: The box has a plastic window that allows you to see the pies right before your eyes! They almost look home-made, and the box claims they are made in store (like the sandwiches and salads etc) I also spy icing/powdered sugar YAYY! 

Pastry: This is a weird one, for two reasons. 1) The pie is flatter, and NOT a deep fill. 2) They haven't changed much for a few years now, and there is just something I don't like about the texture of these specific pies. It's almost underbaked/undercooked? Which leads it to not be a crumbly as one would have liked.. (4/10)

Filling: On the first bite you get a burst of christmas spices, which is then complimented by a rich and zesty mincemeat. Jam packed with fruit and candied orange which makes for an all round tasty filling. Possibly the best yet? (9/10)





Rating overall: A very tasty mince pie indeed. Amazing filling let down by a sub-par pastry. Gregg's you have made me one happy lad. Nice one! (13/20)


Keep up to date:

No comments:

Post a Comment