Wednesday 7 December 2016

Tesco Mince Pies

Tesco: 6 Mince Pies

It is worth mentioning that I have consumed a total of 25 mince pies so far this month! Anyway... on with the review! 

Whilst in Tesco the other day picking up a few bits and bobs, I thought it would be a good time to check out their festive offerings. "Fuck the turkey, show me the pies" I thought to myself, as I scurried off to the baked goods isles. Tesco being a "superstore" they had an extensive variety of my all time favourite foodstuffs. I decided to go with Tesco's own brand mince pie, saving the finest* range for a latter review. I must confess I also picked up some of Mr. Kiplings mince pies, which I will review later on this week. 






Vendor: Tesco
Price: £0.89
Pack size: 6

First impression: Nice looking box. Pies look exactly like they do on the box (which is often not the case with some) Extremely light sprinkle of sugar over some lightly done pastry. I don't know why but these pies just look very yummy. I was a bit skeptical about the price (89p for 6) let's see if they get SHUTDOWN. 

Pastry: 2.6.cm deep. Pretty average looking. Casings were overall not even in the baking. And the lid was a bit ill-placed. Pastry was OK, took a good few chews to get down. Not the buttery experience I was promised by the box. (4/10)

Filling: Not that much of it! Didn't expect as much for the price, there was more pastry than filling, so gave a weird texture in the mouth. Favour-wise it was quite good, lots of citrus bursts which I enjoyed. (5/10)



Rating overall: Value for money? yeah i'd say so. If you don't want to spend that little bit more, look no further! 6 pies for 89p is unheard of in the current climate. I blame Brexit. LOL (9/20)


Watch this space, a special guest review is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment